- The circumference of a circle divided by its diameter is equal to pi.
- ‘Pi Day’ was first celebrated on March 14, 1988 by physicist Larry Shaw.
- How is March 14 (Pi Day) written as a date in the US? 3-14.
- Co-incidentally (or otherwise), Albert Einstein’s birthday also falls on this great day (or vice versa).
- Beyond the decimal point, the value of pi has been calculated to over one trillion digits.
Fascinating, eh? To me, yes. As for my kids, they haven’t encountered the ‘pi’ in their math world yet, but soon will.