Last week, the poor tyke was down with a bad cold. And as luck would have it, the sky was suddenly all murky and overcast. I came back from the kitchen with some cookies and thought we would set up a board game or something but he had disappeared! There was absolutely no way I was going to allow him to get wet in the state he was in; I practically had to drag him inside, turning a deaf ear to the but-obvious tantrum.
There was this simple marshmallow game which I came across online the other day. I decided it was the best thing at the moment to keep the guy’s mind occupied. Thought I would share it with all you moms and dads – may help you as well to quieten things down a bit at times (it actually worked!).
What is required:
- Rubber bands
- Duct/colored tape
- Marshmallows (preferably, mini ones)
- Wrapping paper (any type/color would do)
- Bottom cut-off paper cups
- Uninflated balloons
How to go ahead:
- Take hold of a balloon and knot the end of it, snipping off about half an inch from the top.
- Over the cut-off end of the cup, stretch the balloon in such a way that the knot is at the center (use a rubber band to hold it in place).
- Now come the marshmallows. Place one into the cup so that it fits comfortably into the knotted center of the balloon.
- Aim the cup away from yourself, pull the knot back and release it. The marshmallow should go soaring!
The winner can be decided either by measuring whose marshmallows reach the farthest distance, or else whose land into a bowl kept a small distance away.
Needless to say, the better part of the evening was (successfully) spent ‘launching’ (and of course, eating) marshmallows!